Friday, April 10, 2009

The Sugar Shack

Lorain County Parks puts on a great maple syrup field trip! And the reservation they do it at is nearby! Even better (I live in the middle of nowhere, when I don't have to drive 40 minutes I am excited! 20 minutes is a short trek to me)! So, when we had the opportunity to see how maple syrup is made I quickly signed us up. This was back in March and I finally got around to scrapping the pictures today.

Syrup season is over, but if you get a chance to go in the future, take advantage of it. THe kids loved it! They learned all about it during a short presentation by the ranger inside. Then, we grabbed buckets and a drill and went out and the kids tapped a tree. We found one that was flowing, so they all got to taste syrup right from the tree as well and take what had already dripped out to the sugar shack to be make into syrup.

Papers are from Kaiser Kraft and I LOVE them! Bling from K&Co and asst felt.

1 comment: