Monday, April 27, 2009

And while you're out there......

The ScrapNMoms 2nd challenge for April was a song challenge. You had to use the lyrics, title, whatever from My Wish by Rascal Flatts and incorporate it into your layout. Along with stars and paint.

Here's what I came up with:





Everything on this page with the exception of the little piece of background paper I used as a matte was originally white. I used my Tim Holtz mask (that Tracey kindly RAK'd mine as she felt bad that I melted the last one!) and twlight, patina and huckleberry glimmer mist. Then, I glimmer misted the stamp (I just picked this up this weekend, it's a new design from Stamping Sensations and I LOVE it!) and 'lace' and added some glimmer misted coffee filter flowers I made awhile back. Then, I love how the lyrics came out....I cut thin strips and ran them through my dymo labeler and then painted it with a metallic blue dabber, then highlighted it with a silver marker. I needed the stars so I took a jelly pen and freehanded some little ones all over the layout, but they don't really photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment