Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tag for All Things Tim grunge tag swap

Didja know that there is a group devoted to All Things Tim (Holtz)? Yep, there is and I am a card carrying member (it's nicely grunged and distressd, of course).

This is a tag I just finished for the grunge tag swap that is due this week (once again, the deadline is the ultimate inspiration in my world). Tell me what you think, I'd love to know!

I actually LOVE how it turned out with all the layers and I am usually my own harshest critic.



Supplies needed: Tag (I get mine at Hollo's, it's just a standard 3x6), distress inks (dusty concord, milled lavender, and broken china), masks (flourish & borders by Tim Holtz ideology line), crackle paint (broken china)silver adirondack dabber, CTMH liquid glass (ranger makes a line of the stuff too, just whatever you have), grngeboard sheets (mine are swirls, harlequin and stripes), Heidi Swapp chandelier stamp, Azure Staz On ink, vintage buttons from my hoard, ocean waxy flax, lace doilies from my stash, turquoise stickles, & microbeads, rhinestones, and ribbon by Darice.


Steps to make:
·
Using November Challenge Technique from Tim’s blog, do background of tags (Broken China, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord)
·
Using flourish mask direct ink over with Broken China Distress
·
Using silver dabber make polka dots and cover reinforcement at top of tag
·
Using Borders mask, paint on Broken China crackle paint
·
Using blender tool, rub dusty concord into cracks for more depth (on crackle paint)
·
Stamp in corner (HS Chandelier, sorry don’t have any Tim’s yet)
·
Add grunge letters made with stencil and sheets. Ink with dabber, fill in with microbeads.
·
Rub on turquoise stickle with finger
·
Direct Ink on ‘lace’ in broken china
·
Add embellishments
·
Make tassel for top

1 comment: