Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So, finally got around to playing yesterday and got a canvas done to show the kids for my altered art class tomorrow. I'm still trying to think of what it needs, but DH said he loved it and I wasn't allowed to give it away!

Um, that IS the purpose since the class is for the Children's Center. Might have to make another one today in between the girls class at the Environmental Center.

So, really easy to do......I used a 6x8 canvas (you can get these in 2 packs at the dollar store) and using my craft mat and distress inks, used the technique challenge featured on Tim's blog for Novmber (which is the same technique demo'd by a store at Adventures in Stamping in 2006, it is what got me hooked on distress products!)



Then, I used azure blue staz on and stamped trees from a retired CTMH stamp set on my background.


Next, I added a border of blue china crackle paint and then, to finish, I added an acrylic word (peace) and covered it with stickles, a few sparkles, a branch that I added liquid applique to for snow, a metal bird (I LOVE these, will have to hunt for more of them at Catan's as I only had two) and a few Heidi Swapp ghost snowflakes that I ran through my xyron and then sprinkled with glitter (this is the EASIEST way I have found to do glitter on these). After the fact, I thought of a few other things I wanted to add, but too late now. Maybe the center will get this one and I'll make another one very similar for me and include those steps.



And yes, I see I will be playing today as the other thing on my agenda was cleaning and I just wandered out to the family room to start. DH was sorting his models last night (and THIS is why I am allowed to have ANY scrapping supplies I want, my hoard PALES in comparison) and until he is done, not much I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment