Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Remember, Remember, The 5th of November....

The Gunpowder Treason and Plot.
I can think of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King! he gunpowder treason and plot




Okay, so I'm not British, but one of our little traditions in our house (attesting once again to us being massive geeks and loving our graphic novels) is to watch V for Vendetta every November 5th. Just one of those things that makes our family unique.

Sounds like a great topic for a scrapbook page, no? Maybe this afternoon I'll work on that!

Need to get myself together as I have to leave in a bit, we have Zoo School today, I think this is the girls favourite activity that I got them involved in. The class I sat in on was soo not challenging, but they loved getting up close and personal with the animals.

We are in the midst of Indian Summer here as well, so perfect day for being out enjoying the zoo!

This is one of my favourite projects that reminds me of fall, a scrapbook in a jar....(obviously, this was done BEFORE I discovered alkie inks)

No comments:

Post a Comment