I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our county parks system. They do THE BEST job offering nature and arts classes. Saturday I took a gourd birdhouse class. I have been wanting to play with these for awhile, but just didn't know if I had to do anything special to them and so forth.
Now, I know! They are sooo easy to work with!
Most people there carved and stained them or they painted them. I had something else in mind. Once I got the specifics on what to do, I did my carving (doodles of course) and brought it home to turn it into a piece of altered art!
Here's what I did.....
1.Covered it with alcohol inks (stream, eggplant and wild plum)
2. Dripped gold mixative from the stem.
3. Leafed the stem and flourishes with a Krylon gold leafing pen.
4. Added my bazzill bling and prima flowers and a cute copper brad
5. Sprayed it with Copper Glimmer Mist because I really wanted it to shine and I love the effect it gave...it dripped and gave an even more mottled effect, but it was a sparkly one!
6. Added magenta stickles around the hole and flourishes and made a necklace around the top of the gourd with copper and cinnamon stickles.
I LOVE how this turned out!
So much for the birdies, this house is MINE!