Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Altered Acrylic Block

Wasn't sure if I wanted to share this or not as I am not completely happy with it. He's the prototype for some Christmas gifts for this year (so if you are on my nice list, back away from your browser....quickly! Nope, that wasn't quick enough, never mind...NONE for you!).

The block was a cheap one I picked up so the girls would quit icking up my good blocks. But, I had it sitting beside the bird. And I thought....hmmmmm......

So, a project was born.

Rounded up my supplies:
1 6 inch acrylic block, CTMH White Daisy Craft Ink, CTMH snowflake stamp, alkie inks (stream, silver and slate), CTMH rubons, CTMH Vintage Christmas stamp, random button, Darice metal bird, Black Staz On ink,microfiber cloth, liquid glass, craft mat, heat gun

(Tip: Clean the heck out of the block before playing with a microfiber cloth)


Stamped my block with white ink (heat gun to set adn dry it quickly)


Layered on my alkie inks (again heat set):


On the clean side, layer rub ons, additional stamping and other embellies. Stand to display. (my bird and button are not glued down - I'd use the liquid glass for this- as I have some crackle paint on order and I'm going to redo the bird)

Stamp says "thinking warmly of you on this cold winter night"


Think I am happy with it now, distressed the bird a bit more and inked him up with staz on. The keyhole is grunge.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh... very 'interesting' Lissa. Yeah, a Lissa project for sure. ;o)

    ReplyDelete