Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Altered Book - Fairy Theme

Well, it's been a busy summer, so that's why I haven't posted much.

We've been camping, to fairs, I don't know how many museums, played with my nephew, been town saling...you name it, seems like I crammed it in somehow. And in the midst of all that, my mom came to visit and I got my upcoming class/event schedule done along with my curriculum for this year.

Oh yes, I also joined an altered book group.

THis is an ongoing project and the group meets monthly so hopefully you'll keep seeing more and more of them.

I had never done an altered book and wondered if there was some special trick to them...for some reason they intimidated me. So, I figured the class was a great place to start.

Guess what? They are just like altering anything else. You just need to take into account that paper buckles a bit more than wood or chipboard or so forth.

I was trying to think what to work on and I have a small collection of fairy stamps and ephemera. With the fairy garden workshop I had taken as inspiration and a pile of Cecily M Barker books to spur me on further plus a nice pile of glimmer mist for sparkle (must have the sparkle and I so love my glimmer mist!) I got started!


Materials: CTMH Paper Garden papers, ephemera, Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist (for making ephemera aged), CTMH stamp, sticker hinges, grungeboard, copper adirondack dabber, DCWV chipboard, random flowers, lace doily, dusty concord distress ink, ctmh black archival ink, K& Co sticker


Materials: Juneberry Wine and Patina glimmer mists, glimmer screens, Tattered Angels stamp, K& CO stickers, Cecily M Barker colouring page, Tim Holt tag, Smooch ink, CTMH rub on


Materials: Sunflower and Juneberry Wine glimmer mists, felt lace, ephemera, Darice flowers, CTMH sparkles, Coffee filter flower I made covered with oriental poppy glimmer mist

3 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful Lissa! A great job, ans so poetic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it. So you started with an actual pre-printed book, like you would buy in a book store???? Can you explain? lol. This came out so nice, I'd like to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fabienne! It is nowhere near as beautiful as your work though! I want to have your talent when I grow up! lol

    Penny, it's an actual book that I just had sitting around and altered. I use mod podge to adhere images, outside of that you don't need anything special.

    ReplyDelete