Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside!

I can't believe how cold it is here in Ohio! It is currently 8 degrees with a windchill of 11 below! Winter is indeed in full force! It also started snowing on the 9th and had consistantly came down through yesterday, I think (I stopped looking out the windows, it was starting to depress me! lol).

Anyway, it is TOO COLD to scrap in this house! I'm hoping to be able to get over to Sarah's tonight for our crop, but looking at all the snow heaped on my car is daunting!

Yesterday, I didn't even try to do much. We had went to the library with Stan on Thursday and got a huge pile of movies, so the girls curled up on the couch yesterday with Magic Schoolbuses and I some for me nad we all had lots of blankets and cocoa!

I did emerge out of hibernation to try a new soup recipe....it is in this month's Family Fun, I adapted it, but it was sooo good!

I also worked on my crocheting a bit....I WILL get the hang out this! I was trying to make a scarf and that is SO NOT what I ended up with. BUT! Serendipity being what it is, instead I got the start of a cool new project, hoping to finish it up tonight and be able to show you tomorrow!

Inky hugs bloggers and stay warm!


Mulligatawny Stew

Ingredients:
2 T olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
1 stalk celery
1 apple, cored, peeled and chopped
1 can garbanzo beans (I do not drain the can)
1 can corn, drained
1.5 pounds cooked chicken boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cubed
1/2 cup flour
2-3 t curry powder
5 cups chicken broth
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups rice

1. Heat oil, add onion, garlic, celery and apple. Cook til softened. Add beans and corn and chicken and saute about 15 minutes. Turn heat to low.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the flour and curry powder. Add the misture to the pot, then stir to coat. It will be thick. Add broth and tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover pot and simmer 45 minutes.
3. Bring soup up to a boil and add rice. Cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occassionally until rice is done cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment