I had the opportunity to teach a group of very special kids last night. We worked on Book of Mes....if you don't know, this is one of my favourite projects. I love getting others to work on Book of Mes....I think it is such a great way to share yourself with your family.
If you haven't started a Book of Me yet, I challenge you to start today and here is a list of topics I have compiled from various sources to get you started:
1. Love...do a page about your DH/BF/SO. How did you meet? Why is he/she special? What are your dreams for your future together?
2. Motherhood.... are you a mom? How do you feel about it? Did you always know you wanted to be a mother? How do you feel about your own mother?
3. Vacations.... What is your dream vacation? What has been a special vacation memory?
4. Your name.... why were you named what you were? What does your name mean?
5. What is your favourite movie?
6. What is your favourite book? Author?
7. What I love about me.... this can be a challenge; I know it was for me. I made mine into a top 10 list to really challenge myself (and because I needed a top 10 list for a journaling challenge on one of my groups)
8. If you go back and visit any era in time, when would you pick?
9. You get to have dinner with ANY 5 people (dead or alive) who would you pick? Why?
10. Animals...are you a dog person? Cat person? If you could be any animal what would you be? Have you had a special pet over the years that you loved above all others?
11. When were you born? What was special about that day? Era (there are some great "you know you were a child of the 60s, 70s, 80s" lists on the web)
12. Music.... do you play an instrument? Have a favourite song you love? What is "your song" What is your ultimate mix?
13. Food.... what is your favourite? Do you have a special family recipe? Family traditions pertaining to food?
14. Seasons.... what is your favourite memory of a particular season? Do you have a favourite season?
15. Colours.... what is your favourite? Has it stayed the same over the years? What does that colour signify, is it appropriate for you? (I did my favourite colours page of all the colours that have been my favourite over the years and what they are generally thought to signify.... sort of a retrospective)
16. Clothes.... are you a clotheshorse? Love purses? Shoes? Have a piece of clothing that you have had forever? What's your style?
17. Do you have a favourite magazine?
18. TV...is you a Grey's junkie? Live for Food Network? What's your favourite?
19. Education...did you have a favourite teacher that really touched you growing up? Did you love/hate school? How do you feel about how education has changed? Do you home school?
20. Fictionally speaking.... is there a particular character in a book, movie, on TV that you really relate too? Why?
21. What is something about you that would surprise people?
22. Technology.... love it? Hate it? Is there one thing you couldn't live without?
23. Dreams...what are your dreams for the future? How have your dreams maybe changed over the years? Have you accomplished something you set out to?
24. What is the one thing about yourself you wish you could change?
25. Friends.... do you have a great group of pals? Just one best friend? Tell about them.
26. Tell about your ‘perfect' day
27. What is the best gift you have ever rec'd?
28. You have $20 to spend on YOU.... what do you buy?
29. Cars.... what is your dream car? Your first car?
30. How are you different than you were 10 years ago? 20 years ago?
31. What do you wish you could go back and tell your teenage self?
32. Home...what is home? How many times have you moved over the years? Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
33. Shopping.... do you have a favourite store? Do you love to shop? Hate it with a passion?
34. How do you cure boredom?
35. What do you do when you are feeling blue?
36. Housework...what is your daily chose list? Do you hate to clean? Are you a bit obsessive?
37. What is the last thing that made you smile?
38. Sports.... are you an athlete? A sports fan? Did you participate in sports as a child?
39. Who is someone who has been very influential in your life? Why?
40. Do you have any tattoos? Piercings? Do you want one? Hate them?
41. What's in your purse right now? Do you carry a purse?
42. What is your can't live without scrapbook supply?
43. Why do you scrapbook?
44. Reality TV...if you could be on any show (including makeover ones) which one would you pick?
45. Not so current events.... what have been the defining events that you have experienced in your lifetime (the Challenger exploding, 911, an assassination)
46. What is the coolest thing you have ever done?
47. What is something that your parents taught you that has stuck with you?
48. What are some things you find yourself saying as a parent you never thought you would say? Swore you would never say but do?
49. What is in your refrigerator right now?
50. Married life...is it what you thought? What was the one thing that surprised you most?
51. Weddings...did you have a big wedding, small one? What was something special about the day?
52. Family cure alls...do you have something your family swears by?
53. Your family...why are they special? What do you love to do together? Do you have a special tradition?
54. Your career.... what do you do and is it something you love? What is your dream job?
55. Where did you grow up? What was special about your town? Was it rural, the big city? How does it compare to your lifestyle now?
56. What is your greatest accomplishment?
57. What has been your greatest sorrow or regret?
58. Health...what has been your most serious accident or illness?
59. What were chores you had to do as a child? How does it compare to what your own children have to do?
60. What would you like to be remembered for?
61. What was your childhood like? What did your father do? Your mother? How did you get along with your siblings?
62. What is your favourite childhood memory?
63. How has your life changed since you had children? Since they left home?
64. What is something that you learned as a child that you hope to pass on to future generations?
65. What do you know about your ancestors? Are there any that are unique or famous?
66. Boyfriends.... who was your first? Who did you go to prom with?
67. What is each of your parent's best traits? Do you share it with them? What is something you inherited you wished you hadn't?
68. Success.... how would you define it?
69. What is your philosophy for raising children?
70. Do you have a phobia?
71. Siblings...are you part of a big family or an only child? Do you like things that way or do you wish you had more/less?
72. What was your most embarrassing moment?
73. What was it like at your grandparents' house? Were you close?
74. Are you the oldest, youngest, middle child? What did you like/dislike about it?
75. Tell about your most humourous memory.
76. Describe a typical day in elementary school.
77. What did you do that got you in the most trouble as a child? How did your parents handle it?
78. Tell about your first crush.
79. What was your favourite birthday? Did you have parties every year?
80. What is something you have always wanted to learn how to do but never have?
81. Did you go to college or have vocational training? When and where?
82. What was your favourite TV or radio show as a child?
83. Are you superstitious? What is something you always do?
84. What is your guilty pleasure?
85. If you were stuck on a deserted island and had to have one person with you...who would it be?
86. Do you have a crush on a celebrity?
87. If you could ‘live' in a TV show, which one would you pick?
88. What is your favourite beverage...do you need a caffeine IV?
89. Nature.... are you a fan of the great outdoors? Do you like to camp? Fish? What about nature do you love? Hate?
90. What is the farthest you have traveled from home?
91. Art...what do you consider to be art? Who is your favourite painter, sculptor, etc?
92. You are deserted on an island.... what 3 things do you have to have?
93. If you had to pick one food to eat every day, what would it be?
94. Handwriting.... do you like yours? Has it gotten better, worse over time? How often do you actually have to write anything?
95. Do you have a collection? Why does it exist? What is your favourite piece?
96. Is there a certain smell that brings back vivid memories?
97. Faking it.... have you done anything to radically change your appearance? Surgery, coloured contacts, dyed your hair? Why?
98. Jewelry.... do you have a piece that is special to you?
99. What is something you have tried to teach your children that you hope sticks with them throughout their lives?
100. Make a top 10 list of anything.
101. What are some words that are specific to your family? (Like in our house, loose teeth are wigglers and the Wiggler Fairy visits)
102. Do you have a favourite quote?
103. When is the last time you ROTFLMAO? What was it about?
104. Go on the web, take a silly quiz, is it right?
105. Are you a morning person? Night Owl?